Although this spaghetti recipe may seem like a simple baked spaghetti recipe, it is packed with flavors and different textures. It is a combination of tasty spaghetti with a ground beef sauce that resembles ragu alla Bolognese, but with a more robust flavor, and a layer of creamy cheese with a delicate taste. We topped it with a thick layer of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, which enriches the whole recipe with its crunchy texture.
Spaghetti Pasta Bake Recipe
- 11 oz. spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground meat and cook it until browned.
- Add seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Stir in tomato paste, Worchershaire sauce, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 45 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti as indicated on the package instructions. Drain them 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package.
- Combine spaghetti with ¼ of the meat sauce.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, ricotta, and ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Spread half of the sauce onto the bottom of a greased baking pan.
- Cover the sauce with half of the spaghetti.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over spaghetti.
- Cover with the remaining spaghetti.
- Top them with the other half of the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of grated mozzarella and 1 cup of Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Use a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- For more flavor, replace tomato paste with chili paste.
If you like this post, we think you’ll like our Pasta Cake Recipes post.