Polpette (or meatballs) is a must-try recipe, especially if you love Italian cuisine. There are so many types of polpette you can try in Italy, and when prepared with ricotta, they are probably the second-best after the traditional meatballs in red sauce. Of course, we cannot forget spaghetti when preparing tomato sauce and polpette as they are the perfect match. Unleash your imagination and enrich them with different herbs and spices, as ricotta has a relatively neutral taste.
Spaghetti & Polpette di Ricotta Recipe
A delicious spaghetti recipe that pairs creamy ricotta meatballs (polpette di ricotta) with flavorful pasta.
- 11 oz. spaghetti
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 7 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4/5 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add tomato puree and season with salt, sugar, onion and garlic powder, and pepper.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, almond milk, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix with a wooden spoon until homogeneous.
- Form walnut-size balls and transfer them into the tomato sauce.
- Toss and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Prepare spaghetti as indicated in the package instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti when al dente, and combine them with the tomato sauce and ricotta balls.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For more flavor, add mixed dried herbs to the ricotta mixture or a pinch of chili powder.
- You can also bake ricotta balls for 10 minutes at 320°F before adding them to the sauce. Let them simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Calories: 682kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 362mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Polpette Recipes post.