Veal parmesan is a mouthwatering dish you can prepare on any occasion, as its texture and flavor will enchant you. It is a perfect meal for holiday dinners, as we guarantee everyone will love it. It is not as complicated as it may seem at first, but it includes two cooking techniques, frying, and baking. You can serve it with fresh salad, grilled vegetables, or as we prepared it, with pasta.
Veal Parmesan (Parmigiana) Recipe
A luxurious Veal Parmesan recipe that pairs tender veal with parmesan bread crumbs.
- 10 oz. Linguine Pasta
- 1 ½ lb Veal Cutlets, thin
- ¼ cup Flour, all-purpose
- 2 Eggs, small
- 2 ½ cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 5 oz. Mozzarella, dry, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, extra virgin, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Coat each cutlet with flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet and fry cutlets over medium heat until golden brown.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce, sprinkle with grated Parmigiano.
- Arrange the cutlets over the sauce in one layer.
- Top them with half of the mozzarella and repeat the layering with the sauce, Parmigiano, cutlets, and mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In the meantime, prepare linguine as indicated on the package instructions.
- Serve veal parmigiana over linguine.
- To enrich the flavors, add more grated Parmigiano and mozzarella.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- You can also use basil-tomato sauce and season it with a touch of Italian seasoning if you’d like.
Calories: 837kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 254mg | Sodium: 1632mg | Potassium: 1423mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1152IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 482mg | Iron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Costoletta di Vitello Recipe post.