Veggie ricotta toast is a quick nutrient-packed version of classic ricotta toast. This toast is a popular brunch dish featuring arugula and baby beetroot leaves. You can choose from a wide variety of vegetables to enhance the flavors of this nutritious toast.
Veggie Ricotta Toast Recipe
A luxurious veggie ricotta toast recipe that pairs tomatoes and green peppers with a decadent ricotta toast.
- 8 slices Whole Grain Bread
- 8 tablespoons Ricotta cheese
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Green Pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 handful Arugula
- 1 handful Beetroot Leaves
- Olive Oil, extra virgin, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Sesame Seeds, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray bread slices on both sides with extra virgin olive oil and place them on a baking sheet.
- Toast until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes (flipping halfway through).
- Remove from the oven and let the slices cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread ricotta over each of the bread slices.
- Top with arugula, baby beetroot leaves, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- To add more flavor, you can add a dash of paprika powder or a pinch of nutmeg to your veggie ricotta toast.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Pinsa recipes post.