Baked pasta is a delicious and straightforward weeknight meal. We love how the roasted cauliflower adds texture and flavor to this cheesy baked pasta entrée. Look no further for a guilt-free, vegetarian-friendly pasta dish.
Baked Cauliflower Pasta Recipe
A luxurious Baked Cauliflower Pasta recipe that pairs roasted cauliflower with decadent cheesy baked pasta.
- 1 lb. Pasta Shells, medium-sized
- 1 Cauliflower, large, cut, and roasted
- 4 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups Ricotta Cheese
- ¾ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 1 ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Mozzarella, for topping
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling point, then cook the pasta to al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- While you’re waiting on the pasta, melt butter in a pan and add the garlic. Let it cook for a minute, stirring frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat. Zest one lemon, then add that to the pan.
- Add the cooked pasta, roasted cauliflower, cheeses, and seasonings.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, then pour in your baked cauliflower pasta ingredients and spread it evenly.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella, then bake it for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, and add a little bit of lemon juice and freshly chopped parsley just before serving.
- You can add a breadcrumb topping to the dish before baking.
- Feel free to include your favorite roasted vegetables if you want added color and flavor in your baked cauliflower pasta dish.
Calories: 838kcal | Carbohydrates: 101g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 904mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 885IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 690mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Capellini with Creamy Cauliflower Recipe post.