Chicken broccoli fettuccine alfredo is a simple recipe that makes it easy to remember to eat your vegetables. For this recipe, we used fettuccine pasta, but feel free to use linguine or spaghetti if you’re out of fettuccine. Add a generous amount of grated parmesan on top to make this hearty meal even tastier.
Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
A luxurious Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo recipe which pairs chicken and broccoli with a decadent homemade alfredo sauce.
- 10 oz Fettuccine Pasta
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 5 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, diced
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Begin by steaming the broccoli florets until tender.
- Heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and add the broccoli. Sauté them for four minutes, and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil into the same skillet where you cooked broccoli and add the chicken breasts.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown.
- Add the cooked chicken into the broccoli bowl.
- Cook fettuccine as indicated on the package instructions.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and minced garlic and cook over medium-low heat for a minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and add grated Parmigiano cheese.
- Cook for two minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet then add the cooked chicken and broccoli.
- Use a pair of tongs to toss everything together.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve this dish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.
- You can grill the chicken breasts and cut them into strips if you don’t want diced chicken. Drizzle the cooked chicken with melted butter before adding them to the fettuccine sauce.
Calories: 689kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 849mg | Potassium: 723mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2712IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 440mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Baked Zucchini Boats Recipe post.