This copycat version of Olive Garden’s shrimp scampi recipe is an ideal lunch or appetizer that is easy to prepare. The flavor combination of asparagus and shrimp makes it a healthy pasta dish you just have to try.
Copycat Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Recipe
A luxurious Copycat Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi recipe that pairs shrimp and asparagus with a decadent white wine sauce.
- 11 oz Spaghetti
- 1 lb Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1/3 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 bunch Asparagus, trimmed and sliced
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta as indicated on the package instructions.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter and asparagus. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook asparagus for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the shrimp, letting them cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Add a hint of freshly ground black pepper just before serving.
- To enhance the flavor, add a touch of lemon juice once the wine has evaporated.
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1337IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Fettuccine with Shrimp and Green Peas (Pasta e Piselli) Recipe post.