Creamy prawn linguine features a luxurious sauce and sweet, juicy prawns. This dish is given a depth of flavor with fresh garlic, red pepper flakes, and white wine as the base of the sauce. It is finished with a fragrant sprinkling of dill, which pairs perfectly with prawns. Look no further for a decadent seafood entrée.
Creamy Prawn Linguine
A luxurious Creamy Prawn Linguine recipe which pairs prawns with a decadent creamy garlic sauce.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- ½ cup White wine
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb Prawns, peeled
- 14 oz Linguine noodles
- 2 Tbsp Dill, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Place a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Cook the red onion for five minutes to soften.
- Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and bring to a boil, let it reduce by half.
- Next add the cream, parmesan cheese, prawns, and dill.
- Bring a pot of water on high heat, season with salt, and leave it until it reaches boiling point.
- Once the water is boiling, cook the linguine for ten minutes, or until al dente.
- Transfer the cooked pasta into the pan, add a ladle of pasta water if necessary, then stir together and serve.
- Use high-quality cooking wine. If you don’t like the taste of the wine before it is cooked, you won’t like it in the sauce either.
- If you can’t find prawns, substitute them with jumbo shrimp.
Calories: 762kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 254mg | Sodium: 264mg | Potassium: 660mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1014IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Prawns and Polenta Recipe post.