Our gluten-free gnocchi (made with potatoes) is a perfect recipe for anyone with gluten sensitivity, who still wants delicious pasta. It is a simple dish to prepare, and just as classical gnocchi; they have a delicate flavor with a silky-smooth texture. That is exactly why you can combine them with numerous sauces, from light to strong and rich ones.
Gluten-Free Gnocchi Recipe
A luxurious Gluten-Free Gnocchi recipe that pairs tapioca and chickpea flour to make a perfect gluten-free version of this recipe.
- 2.2 lb potatoes, high-starch
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- salt, a pinch
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Remove potatoes from the pot and let them cool completely.
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Mash the potatoes by using a potato masher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine until homogeneous.
- Divide the dough into 6 portions.
- Roll each portion into a 1-inch rope.
- Cut the ropes into gnocchi.
- Cook them in boiling salted water.
- Remove gnocchi from the water when they rise.
- Serve and enjoy.
- To indent gnocchi, use a fork or cavarola board.
- Add more flour when shaping the dough.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- You can also freeze the gnocchi—place parchment paper over the baking sheet. Arrange gnocchi in one layer, and place them in the freezer. After 30 minutes, remove the gnocchi from the freezer, place them in a freezing bag or an air-tight container, and freeze again.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 1561mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Gluten-Free Pizza Dough Recipe post.