Grilled polenta is a traditional Italian side dish you can combine with many different ingredients. You can serve it with meat, fish, and vegetable dishes or as an appetizer with dipping sauces. There are many different ways to present it, and it will depend on the recipe and occasion. You can enhance the flavors with fresh Italian herbs or spices.
Grilled Polenta Recipe
A delicious and easy Grilled Polenta recipe, which works great as an appetizer or a side to any meal.
- 1 ½ cup Polenta
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- Olive Oil, extra virgin, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- In a tall and narrow pot, bring chicken broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in the polenta and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce the heat and cook, frequently stirring until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the polenta into a greased baking sheet and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- Cut the polenta into triangles.
- Preheat the grill on high heat.
- Spray polenta triangles with extra virgin olive oil and grill for a couple of minutes until grill marks form.
- Flip the triangles on the other side and grill again for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Cook the polenta until the wooden spoon stands straight up.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 861mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Polenta Veggie Cakes post.