Lasagna is a traditional Italian recipe you absolutely must try to prepare at home. It is a super satisfying recipe your whole family will love, especially the kids. But if you decide to prepare the best lasagna of your life, then preparing lasagna sheets at home is a must. Although it may seem complicated, it is very easy to prepare and with very few simple ingredients. It would be best if you could use a pasta machine, but a rolling pin is a good option too (as Italian grandmothers still prepare them that way).
A luxurious lasagna noodle recipe from scratch. All you need is flour and eggs to make your own lasagna noodles.
- 14 oz All-purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs, large
- Salt, a pinch
- Place the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk the eggs with your hands and start to mix them with the flour.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. It will take around 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into six equal parts and wrap each portion with a cling film.
- Let the dough rest for at least half an hour.
- Pass each part through the pasta machine folding it into thirds and passing it through until it comes out smooth and thin.
- Cut the sheets the size you need.
- If you do not have a pasta machine, use a rolling pin until you obtain very thin sheets that you can see your fingers through.
- You can store them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Lasagna recipe without cooking noodles post.