An irresistibly rich shrimp alfredo bake, the perfect dish to satisfy the whole family. A combination of lightly-cooked flavorsome shrimp, tossed through penne pasta and bound by a creamy alfredo sauce. The dish is then topped with parmesan cheese to create a deep golden crust of extra deliciousness.
Begin with the homemade cream sauce then the recipe is simply combining ingredients and baking until steaming and oozing. A recipe which can be made-ahead then baked once ready for ease and convenience. Prepare and store in the refrigerator then bake for a no-fuss weeknight meal.
Follow our recipe for the ultimate alfredo sauce then create further variations such as mushroom alfredo or chicken alfredo. The type of pasta can also be substituted to suit your families favorites such as rigatoni, fusilli or farfalle.
Shrimp Alfredo Bake Recipe
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 8 oz penne pasta
- ¾ cup shrimp, cooked
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- MAKE ALFREDO SAUCE: Preheat an oven to 375F. Place a large saucepan on medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, stir in the garlic and onion, cook for 5 minutes to soften. Then add the flour and cook out for 2 minutes, stirring continuously until a thick paste has formed. Gradually add the milk into the saucepan, stirring to prevent lumps and form a thick silky sauce. Pour the heavy cream, mozzarella and parsley into the saucepan, season generously with black pepper. Remove the alfredo sauce from the heat and allow the cheese to melt.
- COOK PASTA: Fill a saucepan halfway with water and place on a high heat, once boiling add the penne and salt. Cook according to packet instructions approximately 8 minutes then strain the penne through a colander.
- COMBINE SHRIMP ALFREDO: Into the saucepan of alfredo sauce add the cooked pasta and cooked shrimp, stir to combine well.
- BAKE: Transfer the shrimp alfredo to an oven-proof dish and spread evenly. Top the dish with grated parmesan then place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- SERVE: Remove the shrimp alfredo bake from the oven once it is golden brown and bubbling with cheese. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Tuna Pasta Bake (Gordon Ramsey’s) post.