Smoked Mac and cheese is another tasty version of the classic recipe. It has all the ingredients your tastebuds crave if you love smoked food. In addition, it is very easy and quick to prepare. Try to find different Italian types of smoked cheese and combine them to take this recipe to a whole other level.
Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe (Without a Smoker)
A luxurious Smoked Mac and Cheese recipe which pairs a nice smoky taste with a decadent mac n cheese.
- 11 oz. cavatappi pasta cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup smoked scamorza, grated
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain it 2 minutes before the indicated on the package.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened.
- Whisk in the flour and cook until lightly golden, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the milk and stir until the mixture is lump-free.
- Let it cook over low heat until it thickens.
- Pour in heavy cream and cook for 8 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in grated scamorza, cheddar, and cream cheese. Cook and stir until they melt.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Combine pasta and the sauce.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve sprinkled with smoked paprika and garnish with thyme.
Calories: 770kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 805mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2213IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 646mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Spicy Truffle Mac n Cheese Recipe post.