If you saw our spicy truffle spring pasta salad recipe, then you might have seen this one coming. We have been loving the use of truffle mayo to add a twist to our favorite pasta dishes, and it’s amazing how versatile it is.
It works great as a base to a cream sauce and adds the elements of truffle that we love, but is so much easier to get a hold of vs actual truffles.
This is our spicy truffle mac & cheese recipe made with truffle mayo, bon appetit!
Spicy Truffle Mac & Cheese (Made with Truffle Mayo)
A luxurious Spicy Truffle Mac & Cheese recipe which bakes pasta with a decadent truffle mayo cream sauce.
- 10 oz macaroni, (or any short pasta that you like)
- 1 cup spicy truffle mayo
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- paprika powder, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta and drain 1 minute before the time indicated on the package instructions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine spicy truffle mayo, milk, and 2 cups of the cheese. Check the consistency of the sauce as it should be a liquid cream sauce. Add more milk if needed.
- Once consistency looks good, pour cream sauce into a pan on medium-high heat. Let simmer and reduce.
- Add in the pasta and stir to fully coat the pasta in the cream sauce. Add pasta water if the sauce needs to be thinned out. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle more cheese and paprika on top and serve!
- Add bacon or pancetta to make this dish even more decadent.
Calories: 899kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 752IU | Calcium: 544mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Truffle Mac and Cheese recipe post.