Strawberry and ricotta are perfect ingredients for a tasty French toast. Like other types of French toast, it is a versatile recipe, so you can enrich it with different nutritious ingredients like a combination of strawberries and blueberries and other types of nuts or seeds. In addition, it is an easy recipe you can prepare in no time, so it makes it a perfect recipe for unexpected guests or as a party appetizer.
Strawberry & Ricotta French Toast Recipe
A luxurious Strawberry & Ricotta French Toast which pairs strawberries with creamy ricotta on French toast.
- 8 slices Bread
- 2 Eggs, small, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Milk
- 8 tablespoons Ricotta
- 8 Strawberries, sliced
- 8 teaspoons Almond Flakes
- Syrup (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and combine them with milk and vanilla extract.
- Dip bread slices into the mixture to coat well on both sides.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and grease it with butter or oil. Cook bread slices until browned on both sides.
- Spread ricotta onto each bread slice.
- Top with almond flakes, sliced strawberry, and optional syrup.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For more flavor, drizzle strawberries with maple syrup or honey.
- You can use different types of bread, like a French baguette, brioche, or Challah.
- You can also garnish the toast with a few mint leaves.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 306IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 216mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Please rate it above!
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Salmon, Ricotta, and Pesto Toast post.