Tagliatelle with crumbled sausage is one of the classics of Italian cuisine. For this recipe we added Truff Pasta’s White Truffle Hot Sauce which is described as a blend of ‘ripe chili peppers, organic agave nectar, black truffle, and savory spices’. It adds a beautiful sweet and spicy flavor profile, which really takes this dish to the next level. If you are a spicy food lover, then this is the recipe for you.
Plus, we love how versatile this White Truffle Hot Sauce is – I personally love adding it to my scrambled eggs! Thank you Oprah for telling the world about this amazing hot sauce – we can’t remember what life was like before it 😉
Tagliatelle with Sausage with Truff’s White Truffle Hot Sauce
- 10 oz. tagliatelle
- 1 cup porcini mushrooms, chopped (or mushroom of your choice)
- 1 lb sausage, peeled and crumbled
- 1 carrot, small, peeled and minced
- ½ celery stick, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons White Truffle Hot Sauce
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes (preferably imported from Italy)
- 4 oz red wine
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Add chopped shallot, carrot, and celery rib.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and crumbled sausage to the pan.
- Brown the meat and blend it with dry white wine. Cook until the wine evaporates.
- Pour in tomato sauce and stir well to combine. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook tagliatelle and drain them 1 minute before the time indicated on the package instructions.
- Stir in White Truffle Hot Sauce in the pan with tomato sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add tagliatelle to the sauce and stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano and serve.
- Truff Pasta Sauce can be purchased here.
- You can use either dried mushrooms or fresh ones. If dried, make sure to soak them thoroughly before cooking.
If you like this post, then we definitely recommend checking out our Spaghetti Shrimp Fra Diavolo recipe post.