Being on Weight Watchers doesn’t mean you can’t have pasta! We’ve taken one of our favorite pasta dishes, creamy Tuscan chicken pasta, and have created a Weight Watchers-friendly version!
The sun-dried tomatoes combined with a decadent cream sauce, makes this recipe feel so indulgent. But the secret is that the cream sauce is made with a blend of fat-free Greek yogurt, milk, and cheese to keep the WW points down. Pile on the chicken, mushrooms, and spinach to make this meal super filling!
This recipe was inspired by My Crazy Good Life
Weight Watchers Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 11 oz. wholewheat or gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced onions or shallots
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free mozzarella shredded
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Grated Parmesan Reggiano to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onions / shallots and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the chicken and cook until browned. Reduce the heat until chicken is fully cooked.
- In a separate pot, prepare the pasta as indicated on the package instructions. Remove from heat about 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package. Reserve a cup of pasta water in case you want to use it to loosen up the sauce later. You can also use a bit of chicken or vegetable broth.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta to cook, mix the yogurt, milk, and mozzarella in a separate bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the pasta to the skillet with the chicken.
- Add in the seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Pour in the yogurt/milk/cheese mixture.
- Cook and stir for one minute until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Sprinkle on a little bit of parmesan
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you like crunch texture, stir in bread crumbs or chopped nuts (like almonds or walnuts).
- Add more heavy cream if needed. If you would like the sauce to be thicker, add more grated Parmigiano. For a stronger flavor, replace it with Pecorino cheese.
If you like this post, we think you’ll like our Black Truffle Ravioli Recipe post.